18512Genealogy/History Summer Reading Program
- Jun 19, 2014
BRASWELL MEMORIAL PUBLIC LIBRARY ANNOUNCES THE 2014 GENEALOGY/ HISTORY SUMMER READING PROGRAM.
“Gene-ealogy: Finding Your Genes” is the theme of Braswell Memorial Public Library’s 2014 Genealogy/History Summer Reading Program.
- Free and fun!
- Read anything – books, articles, in print or online – as long as it is about history or genealogy
- Win prizes!
This year we will also be reaching out to the Bailey community through the Wesley Privette Memorial Library!
- June 24th: Beginning Genealogy: Find Your Genes at Wesley Privette Memorial Library in Bailey, 2-4 p.m.
- July 8th: Personal History: Explore Your Genes (recording your memoirs, etc.) at Wesley Privette Memorial Library in Bailey, 2-4 p.m.
- July 15th: If Picks and Shovels Could Talk: Gold Mining History in North Carolina at BML, Wiley Meeting Room, 6-7:30 p.m.
- July 22nd: Beginning Genealogy: Find Your Genes at BML, Wiley Meeting Room 6:30 p.m.
- July 29th: Exploring the Mysteries, Exploding the Myths: Using DNA For Family History at BML, Warner Meeting Room, 6:30 p.m.
All programs are free of charge and everyone is invited. Participate as much or as little as you like.
Registration begins on June 20th – online registration for our out-of-area patrons coming soon!
For more information, call Traci at the library at 252-442-1951 ext. 247 or 241, or check our website www.braswell-library.org
Traci Thompson, MLIS, CG
Local History/Genealogy Librarian
Braswell Memorial Library
727 N Grace St
Rocky Mount, NC 27804
252-442-1951 ext 247(voice)
Opinions expressed are my own.
CG and Certified Genealogist are proprietary service marks of the Board for Certification of Genealogists and are used under license by Board-certified genealogists after periodic genealogical competency evaluations. The Board name is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.