      From: "Martha-Gay Morton" <marthagay.morton@...>
      To: genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, November 8, 2008 10:30:40 AM (GMT-0500) America/New_York
      Subject: Re: [genpcncfir] Randolph Marriages: Ruthie Warren & C. A. Randolph's daughters

      Judy and Marcia,
      I have DOWNS information, if you think this is the Della that married Jesse DOWNS.
      1878 24th January Jesse P. DOWNS [age 29] son of Kinyin and Elizabeth DOWNS marries Della Randolph [age 18] daughter of Charles A. and Rutha Randolph, Belvoir, NC.
      1880 Belvoir Post Office, Pitt County NC DOWNS, Jesse 30 WM, Deller 22 WF,
      Ruthy 1 WF. 1890 Census burned. 1900 Pitt County, Belvoir, DOWNS, Jesse 56 WM, Della 47 WF, Rutha 20 WF, Lucie 7 wf [neice]. Although Cannan [Kenyon] and Elizabeth DOWNS are named as heirs of Jacob MAYO 1849 January 11th, DB 'MM' page 252,
      Betty Cassidy and I are both convinced that Elizabeth's maiden name was BRILEY
      and not MAYO. Wiley and Jesse P. were twins. Unable to find death certificate for Jesse but Wiley's death certificate staes DOB February 14th 1844, Wiley's DOD August 27th 1935, age 91 years, 6 months, 14 days. Father: Kenyon Downs and Mother: Betsy Briley. Informant: S.V. Clark. Williams Funeral Home G'ville, buried Windham [Windom] Graveyard. [Do not know where this cemetery is located] Pitt Co Death Index Vol 22,
      page 468. Let me know what you think.
      Martha-Gay Morton