17071Randolph Marriages: Ruthie Warren & C. A. Randolph's daughters

  • Marcia McLawhorn
    Nov 7, 2008
      Judy,
      Della Randolph, daughter of Chas R. Randolph, looks like she may be the Della Randolph [b:1859-1860], daughter of Ruthie Warren & Charles Adams Randolph.
      Eighteen for her wedding.

      Jesse Downs, son of Elizabeth "Betsy" Mayo & Kenyon Downs, Jr. [b:1824] and twin of Wiley, is about the right age to be the Groom.

      If R.A. Randolph, the daughter of C.A. Randolph, is also Annie Laura Randolph and Laura on the 1880 census, then her first name might be Ruth/Ruthie just like her mother...

      - - - - -

      Then C.A. Randolph & Chas R. Randolph are both Charles Adams Randolph, who had two wives: Ruthie Warren [should be on 1860 census] and Susan C. Jenkins [on 1880 census]
      That would make Della and Annie Laura full sisters!

      - - - - -

      Looking at the other posts, it's unclear what race the family is that we are trying to find?
      I've seen multiple incidences where neighboring families of different races naming their children similarly.
      Marcia

      "Judy N. Lewis" <jnlewis@...> wrote:

      From Allen Churchill''s Pitt County Bride Index:
      Della Randolph, daughter of Chas R. Randolph, married on 1/24/1878 Jesse Downs
      R. A. Randolph, daughter of C A Randolph, married on 2/17/1892 Bynum Teel

      .