      From: "Judy N. Lewis" <jnlewis@...>
      To: <genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 9:32 AM
      Subject: Re: [genpcncfir] Order of naming children in North Carolina

      Naming Traditions:

      First son: father's father

      Second son: mother's father

      Third son: father

      Fourth son: father's oldest brother

      Fifth son: father's second oldest brother or mother's oldest brother

      First daughter: mother's mother

      Second daughter: father's mother

      Third daughter: mother

      Fourth daughter: mother's oldest sister

      Fifth daughter: mother's second oldest brother or father's oldest sister (I
      wondered why I have found two daughters by the name of William)

      Middle name: mother's maiden name of surnames of close friends

      This info was found in the USGenWeb Archives