16749Re: [genpcncfir] Dr. James A. Battle

    Jun 17, 2008
      Dear Mae,
      I am sure that many of our members who are frequent
      visitors or even employees of Pitt Memorial Hospital
      can check for you at the hospital. You could also
      simply call "Information" and ask for Pitt Memorial
      Hospital in Greenville, North Carolina and ask to
      speak to the Medical Director.
      Even if he did not personally know your
      grandfather, he would very likely know something about
      the history of the hospital and distinguished
      physicians who practiced there.
      It is also possible that this hospital, like some
      here in Richmond, publish yearbooks with pictures and
      brief biographies of their staff. To locate something
      like this would be a real treasure for a family member
      because it would provide an opportunity to connect in
      a very special way with a relative he never got to
      know.
      I myself was born at home on County Home Road. My
      baby sister was the only one of us born at Pitt
      Memorial. Mama and our Uncle Mark moved us to
      Richmond, Virginia in 1953. Being so young, I am sorry
      to say that I never got to meet your grandfather, but
      he must have been a very special person indeed.
      Good luck to you in learning more about your
      kinsman. I am glad, though, that you have already some
      personal information about him.
      I am sure that other members of our group will be
      responding to you with specifics about your
      grandfather. I hope that you learn even more about him
      than you ever thought possible.
      Later, Carol
      --- stpeter2911 <stpeter2911@...> wrote:

      > I am the grandaughter of Dr. James A. Battle
      > (1887-1953) who practiced
      > in Greenville, NC until his death. I have been told
      > that there is some
      > sort of plaque? or such dedicated to him at Memorial
      > Hospital in
      > Greenville and I wish to verify that information.
      >
      > Can anyone assist with this endeavor?
      >
      > Mae

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic