16735Re: [genpcncfir] Edwards

  • Marcia McLawhorn
    May 16, 2008
      Faye,
      This is best - our sharing of data!
      Marcia

      jonefa <jonefa@...> wrote:
      I do not have Martha Ann Edwards the daughter of Cullen and Sarah Edwards.

      Deed Book 22, Page 703 (7 October 1841)

      Division of Real Estate of Harmon Edwards, dec'd among his lawful heirs.To wit: (1) Ashley Edwards (2) Martha Ann Edwards (3) Jackey Louisa Edwards (4) Shadrach W. Edwards (5) Bryant W. Edwards (6) James B.Edwards (7) Zora Ann Crisp (8) Sally Edwards

      Source: "Kinfolks of Edgecombe County, N.C. 1788-1855" by Joseph W.Watson 1969

      This deed was written in 1841, and Martha Ann Edwards did not marry Andrew Jackson Ellis until May 28, 1850.

      Harmon Edwards wife was named Celia.

      And I never found a source for the last name of the wife of Elisha Ellis, Sr. whose name was listed in a Bible record as Elisha and Charity Ellis. It is assumed that her last name was Thomas but that has always struck me as being odd. The Thomas family were known Baptists forming a church called the Toisnot Baptist Church.

      Elisha Ellis, Sr. built a Methodist Meeting House on his property. He lived on the stage coach road and travelling down that same road we come to another Baptist Church which was pastored by Joshua Barnes.

      Faye Hays

      .