16636Re: [genpcncfir] Re: Allen & Braxton family in Dickson Co., TN

    Jan 30, 2008
      Dear Linda,
      Thanks for adding to our discussion of these
      Braxtons. I recall reading in one of our Quarterlies
      of the Pitt County Family Researchers of a Braxton son
      who had moved to Tennessee to buy land to farm so that
      he could support his family.
      His return home to visit had been duly noted in the
      local paper whose reporter had interviewed this
      returning visitor.
      The returning Braxton had come back home in hopes
      of finding affordable land in order to move his family
      back to Pitt.
      It seems that with his parents getting older and
      his children growing up he wanted to be near his
      parents in their old age. Unable on this visit still
      to find enough acreage to support himself, he went
      back once more to his Tennessee home.
      I'll check my Quarterlies to pin point which family
      this selection was located.
      Later, Carol

      Be a better friend, newshound, and