16625Re: Allen & Braxton family in Dickson Co., TN

  • Linda E
    Jan 28, 2008
      Hi Carol,

      As far as I know my line did not go to Dickson Co. TN. Lacey & son
      Elias A. Braxton went to Hawkins to Warren (1870), Cannon (1880),
      Lincoln and Marshall Counties in TN. One of Lacey's sons by Livina
      went to Coffee Co., then Elias went on to Parker Co. Texas. The
      photos of Elias and his children Laura (my grgrandmother) and John
      are in the Photo section here in Kenny's album.

      Linda E.

      --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "adam_cscott" <adam_cscott@...>
      wrote:

      > Hello friends!
      >
      > regarding the statement "my Allen and Braxton family merge in
      > Dickson County Tenn"...
      >
      > Did you know that Dickson Co., TN has a new heritage book? It is
      > one of the finest Heritage Books ever. The website is:
      >
      > http://www.dicksontnheritage.com
      >
      > Enjoy!
      >

      > --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, Carol Singh
      > <csinghworthington@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Dear John,
      > > You are probably right about your Braxton lineage
      > > to James Braxton, Jr. Linda Eckerd, who has
      > > corresponded with you, or Kenny Braxton, who has a
      > > Braxton website, would be the most likely of our
      > > family to have early photos. Kenny has photos posted
      > > on his web. Linda has sent me some of hers. One that
      > > particularly stands out for me is that of Elias A.
      > > Braxton, my cousin who wrote from his home in Texas to
      > > the editor of the Greenville Daily Reflector in 1911
      > > [Pitt County Family Researchers' Genealogy Quarterly,
      > > Feb. 1995 I believe is the issue in which that letter
      > > with his family information in it is contained].
      > > I was so impressed that I copied that photo and
      > > showed it to my family. My younger brother could be
      > > his clone.
      > > Back to you shortly,
      > > Carol
      > > --- John Meyer <hookipajohn@> wrote:
      > >

      > > > I am researching so many parts of my family I forget
      > > > sometimes if I responded to this e-mail.
      > > >
      > > > 1. RICHARD R.1 ALLEN was born Abt. 1768 in North
      > > > Carolina, and died Bef. 25 May 1840 in Madison
      > > > County,
      > > > MS. He married (1) MARY BRAXTON Bef. 1786 in Dickson
      > > > County, TN (Originally Part Of NC). She was
      > > > born in NC, and died Bef. 1835 in Madison County,
      > > > MS. He married (2) JANE FOSTER 24 Aug 1835 in
      > > > Madison County, MS. She was born 1785, and died 11
      > > > Nov 1865 in Madison County, MS.
      > > >
      > > > As you can see my Allen and Braxton family merge in
      > > > Dickson County Tenn. I am assuming that this must be
      > > > the daughter of James Braxton Jr. I would love to
      > > > have a Braxton family group sheet to find my 5th
      > > > great grandmother and then to see her family.
      > > >
      > > > John

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic