16624RE: [genpcncfir] Allen & Braxton family in Dickson Co., TN

  • John Meyer
    Jan 27, 2008
      Thank you Adam. I wish I had known about it when they were putting it together.

      John

      To: genpcncfir@yahoogroups.comFrom: adam_cscott@...: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 16:32:00 +0000Subject: [genpcncfir] Allen & Braxton family in Dickson Co., TN

      Hello friends!regarding the statement "my Allen and Braxton family merge inDickson County Tenn"...Did you know that Dickson Co., TN has a new heritage book? It is one of the finest Heritage Books ever. The website is:http://www.dicksontnheritage.comEnjoy!--- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, Carol Singh <csinghworthington@...> wrote:>> Dear John,> You are probably right about your Braxton lineage> to James Braxton, Jr. Linda Eckerd, who has> corresponded with you, or Kenny Braxton, who has a> Braxton website, would be the most likely of our> family to have early photos. Kenny has photos posted> on his web. Linda has sent me some of hers. One that> particularly stands out for me is that of Elias A.> Braxton, my cousin who wrote from his home in Texas to> the editor of the Greenville Daily Reflector in 1911> [Pitt County Family Researchers' Genealogy Quarterly,> Feb. 1995 I believe is the issue in which that letter> with his family information in it is contained]. > I was so impressed that I copied that photo and> showed it to my family. My younger brother could be> his clone.> Back to you shortly,> Carol> --- John Meyer <hookipajohn@...> wrote:> > > > > I am researching so many parts of my family I forget> > sometimes if I responded to this e-mail. > > > > 1. RICHARD R.1 ALLEN was born Abt. 1768 in North> > Carolina, and died Bef. 25 May 1840 in Madison> > County,> > MS. He married (1) MARY BRAXTON Bef. 1786 in Dickson> > County, TN (Originally Part Of NC). She was> > born in NC, and died Bef. 1835 in Madison County,> > MS. He married (2) JANE FOSTER 24 Aug 1835 in> > Madison County, MS. She was born 1785, and died 11> > Nov 1865 in Madison County, MS.> > > > As you can see my Allen and Braxton family merge in> > Dickson County Tenn. I am assuming that this must be> > the daughter of James Braxton Jr. I would love to> > have a Braxton family group sheet to find my 5th> > great grandmother and then to see her family.> > > > John> >