16558Re: [genpcncfir] Re: Braxton family

    Dec 3, 2007
      Dear Linda,
      I also found records of a daughter of James Braxton
      who married an Avery around 1810. Her new husband left
      to fight in the War of 1812 shortly after the
      marriage. This couple also settled in Wayne County. I
      believed that she filed for his Pension in Pitt. I
      think that in her Petition for the Pension she said
      that they had lived most of their married life in
      Wayne but had married in Pitt at the home of her
      father James Braxton.
      I do not know which James Braxton this man was. I
      imagine, though, that she would have had to submit
      proof of her marriage to her Avery husband in order to
      claim on his record--that being the case in all the
      other Pension claims I have read the supporting
      documents for.
      That being the case I imagine, too, that the names
      of both her parents would have appeared in support of
      that record on her marriage certificate, the more so
      as the marriage took place at her father's house.
      If I can access this piece of information, it could
      very well fill in gaps in the early Braxton line for
      many of us.
      Since I do not know which James was the father of
      this young woman, I also do not know who her siblings
      were. I don't have access to Wayne County records. If
      you would check that end, I'll check for the Pitt
      records at the State library here in Richmond.
      Later, Carol

      === message truncated ===

      Be a better pen pal.