16546Re: Braxton family

  • Linda E
    Nov 26, 2007
      Hi Carol and John,

      Interesting post John. I haven't done much research in the last year
      or so and if I remember right Carol, that you are descended from
      Lacey's brother John Braxton and Sarah. I'm not sure which line John
      (Meyer's) line is though. I'm sure it isn't through Lacey though and
      I don't have the brother's lines in my data base. His best bet is to
      go to Kenny Braxton's web site or to ancestry.com or rootsweb and
      find which line he links up with. I'm sure that Lacey is the son of
      John and Hannah, and John is the son of Thomas. But from there on
      up, proof is needed to see if Thomas is the son of John and Mary or
      what that relationship is but sure there is a relationship... and if
      Priscilla was in fact his wife. (Thomas did have a son named Thomas
      with presumably Priscilla) Haven't a clue what happened to him or
      Henerick for that matter. Think there is some research on Phelix.

      I would love to see your copies of the land records for Thomas. And
      the notes you have on Priscilla and Thomas, the name Thomas wasn't
      used much in any lines I don't think. However there was a William in
      Chatham Co. N.C. who had a son Thomas about the same time frame.

      Somewhere in my original research notes I did find census reports and
      or deeds with the names of John and Hannah's children and he did have
      a son John and think you and I concluded that it is your John. When
      I get time I'll look through my notes and see what "proof" I had.

      Linda

      --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, Carol Singh