16542RE: [genpcncfir] Re: Braxton family

    Nov 26, 2007
      Dear John,
      You are probably right about your Braxton lineage
      to James Braxton, Jr. Linda Eckerd, who has
      corresponded with you, or Kenny Braxton, who has a
      Braxton website, would be the most likely of our
      family to have early photos. Kenny has photos posted
      on his web. Linda has sent me some of hers. One that
      particularly stands out for me is that of Elias A.
      Braxton, my cousin who wrote from his home in Texas to
      the editor of the Greenville Daily Reflector in 1911
      [Pitt County Family Researchers' Genealogy Quarterly,
      Feb. 1995 I believe is the issue in which that letter
      with his family information in it is contained].
      I was so impressed that I copied that photo and
      showed it to my family. My younger brother could be
      his clone.
      Back to you shortly,
      Carol
      --- John Meyer <hookipajohn@...> wrote:

      > I am researching so many parts of my family I forget
      > sometimes if I responded to this e-mail.
      >
      > 1. RICHARD R.1 ALLEN was born Abt. 1768 in North
      > Carolina, and died Bef. 25 May 1840 in Madison
      > County,
      > MS. He married (1) MARY BRAXTON Bef. 1786 in Dickson
      > County, TN (Originally Part Of NC). She was
      > born in NC, and died Bef. 1835 in Madison County,
      > MS. He married (2) JANE FOSTER 24 Aug 1835 in
      > Madison County, MS. She was born 1785, and died 11
      > Nov 1865 in Madison County, MS.
      >
      > As you can see my Allen and Braxton family merge in
      > Dickson County Tenn. I am assuming that this must be
      > the daughter of James Braxton Jr. I would love to
      > have a Braxton family group sheet to find my 5th
      > great grandmother and then to see her family.
      >
      > John
      >

      > To: genpcncfir@yahoogroups.comFrom:
      > ljeckerd@...: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 21:03:31
      > +0000Subject: [genpcncfir] Re: Braxton family
      >

      > Hi John,I'm confused, are you descended from Lacey
      > Braxton? If so, he only had 3 sons by Elizabeth
      > Parker... Marion, Elbert and Elias (my
      > grgrgrandfather). Elias is the only one who lived to
      > have children. Lacey had 6 more children with 2nd
      > wife Lizzina Tripp; John M., Eliza, Mary, Patrick,
      > James and Friedonia. Lacey's family did move to
      > Tennessee. Elias's family mostly moved on to Texas.
      > Elias married Margaret J. Epps and had 8 children.
      > Let me know if I can help you with this line. Linda
      > E.--- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, John Meyer
      > <hookipajohn@...> wrote:>> Surnames, Allen, Braxton,
      > Johnston, White, Minyard, Harrod, Holland, Lee,
      > Davis, and other's> > > Thank you very much. You
      > brought exciting news.> > I would be thrilled to
      > hear anything about the Braxton's family line.> > I
      > would like to see if I have correct what you have
      > told me so far, It all fits> with the rest of my
      > family.> > My 6th great grandmother Mary Braxton's
      > father was 7. James Braxton Jr.> James Braxton Jr's
      > father was 8. James Braxton Sr.> James Braxton Sr's
      > parent's were 9. Lacey Braxton and first wife
      > Elizabeth Parker.> Lacey Braxton m. 2. Lizina Tripp,
      > daughter of Arthur Tripp.> Lacey Braxton and second
      > wife had a son Elias Braxton.> Lacey Braxton's
      > parent's were 10. John Braxton m. Hannah unknown.> >
      > From another posting I have the date for John
      > Braxton abt. 1710 Scotland.> > John>

      > CHRONICLES VOL.II AVAILABLE!! Click here for
      > description and ordering information:

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic