16541RE: [genpcncfir] Re: Braxton family

  • John Meyer
    Nov 25 10:02 PM
      I am researching so many parts of my family I forget sometimes if I responded to this e-mail.

      1. RICHARD R.1 ALLEN was born Abt. 1768 in North Carolina, and died Bef. 25 May 1840 in Madison County,
      MS. He married (1) MARY BRAXTON Bef. 1786 in Dickson County, TN (Originally Part Of NC). She was
      born in NC, and died Bef. 1835 in Madison County, MS. He married (2) JANE FOSTER 24 Aug 1835 in
      Madison County, MS. She was born 1785, and died 11 Nov 1865 in Madison County, MS.

      As you can see my Allen and Braxton family merge in Dickson County Tenn. I am assuming that this must be
      the daughter of James Braxton Jr. I would love to have a Braxton family group sheet to find my 5th great grandmother and then to see her family.

      John

      To: genpcncfir@yahoogroups.comFrom: ljeckerd@...: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 21:03:31 +0000Subject: [genpcncfir] Re: Braxton family

      Hi John,I'm confused, are you descended from Lacey Braxton? If so, he only had 3 sons by Elizabeth Parker... Marion, Elbert and Elias (my grgrgrandfather). Elias is the only one who lived to have children. Lacey had 6 more children with 2nd wife Lizzina Tripp; John M., Eliza, Mary, Patrick, James and Friedonia. Lacey's family did move to Tennessee. Elias's family mostly moved on to Texas. Elias married Margaret J. Epps and had 8 children. Let me know if I can help you with this line. Linda E.--- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, John Meyer <hookipajohn@...> wrote:>> Surnames, Allen, Braxton, Johnston, White, Minyard, Harrod, Holland, Lee, Davis, and other's> > > Thank you very much. You brought exciting news.> > I would be thrilled to hear anything about the Braxton's family line.> > I would like to see if I have correct what you have told me so far, It all fits> with the rest of my family.> > My 6th great grandmother Mary Braxton's father was 7. James Braxton Jr.> James Braxton Jr's father was 8. James Braxton Sr.> James Braxton Sr's parent's were 9. Lacey Braxton and first wife Elizabeth Parker.> Lacey Braxton m. 2. Lizina Tripp, daughter of Arthur Tripp.> Lacey Braxton and second wife had a son Elias Braxton.> Lacey Braxton's parent's were 10. John Braxton m. Hannah unknown.> > From another posting I have the date for John Braxton abt. 1710 Scotland.> > John>