16523RE: [genpcncfir] Re: Braxton family

  • John Meyer
    Nov 20 11:53 AM
      My 5th great grandmother was Mary Braxton. She married Ralph Allen in Dickson Co. Tenn. Bef. 1786 in Dickson Co. Tennessee. Mary Braxton Allen died before 1835 in Madison Co. Mississippi.

      So it is consistent with the Braxton's who have responded that Mary,s family had moved to Tennessee.

      As I mentioned before the Braxton name continues in the Allen family line for many many generations.

      Surnames, Allen, Herrod, Braxton, Foster, Tipton, Baily, Martin ,Turnage, Minyard, Johnston, Edwards,Tripp,
      White, Hodges and many more.

      1. RICHARD R.1 ALLEN was born Abt. 1768 in North Carolina, and died Bef. 25 May 1840 in Madison County,
      MS. He married (1) MARY BRAXTON Bef. 1786 in Dickson County, TN (Originally Part Of NC). She was
      born in NC, and died Bef. 1835 in Madison County, MS. He married (2) JANE FOSTER 24 Aug 1835 in
      Madison County, MS. She was born 1785, and died 11 Nov 1865 in Madison County, MS.

      To: genpcncfir@yahoogroups.comFrom: ljeckerd@...: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 02:22:49 +0000Subject: [genpcncfir] Re: Braxton family

      Hi Carol,I have Thomas and Priscilla Braxton with 4 children; Phelix, Thomas, Henerich and John b. abt 1770. This John married Hannah and had 5 children: Charles; Council (m. Sarah Roundtree); John (m. Sarah); Molcey (m. Luke McGlohon); and Lacy m. 1. Elilzabeth Parker, 2. Lizzina Tripp.Now, Thomas may have been a son of John Braxton and Mary (circa 1730) and a sibling of John, James, William, Jesse and Levi but this is open to speculation. He was a neighbor of these Braxton's but we can't prove the relationship, he may have been John Sr.'s brother, nephew or other relationship. Cannot prove that Thomas is the son of this John. He lived next door to other sons and relatives. There must be some relationship. He did not inherit or buy land from John but did have land of his own. His children Phelix, Thomas, Henerich and John are listed in land sales from his estate. Thomas was not in the 1800 census but a Priscilla Blackston was with children that would be consistant with the 1790 census of Thomas Blackston, she may or may not be his widow. also spelled as Brackston.Thanks, I'm having a great Thanksgiving and all is well here. Hope you have a great holiday too. Good to hear from you again.Linda--- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, Carol Singh <csinghworthington@...> wrote:>> Dear Linda,> John, Thomas, James Jr. & James Sr. all appear on> the sole census from the 1700's. > How many sons of Thomas and Priscilla do you have> names for?> Later, Carol> --- Linda E <ljeckerd@...> wrote:> > > Hi John,> > > > I'm confused, are you descended from Lacey Braxton? > > If so, he only > > had 3 sons by Elizabeth Parker... Marion, Elbert and> > Elias (my > > grgrgrandfather). Elias is the only one who lived> > to have children. > > Lacey had 6 more children with 2nd wife Lizzina> > Tripp; John M., > > Eliza, Mary, Patrick, James and Friedonia. Lacey's> > family did move > > to Tennessee. Elias's family mostly moved on to> > Texas. Elias > > married Margaret J. Epps and had 8 children. Let me> > know if I can > > help you with this line. Linda E.> > > > > > > > --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, John Meyer> > <hookipajohn@> wrote:> > >> > > Surnames, Allen, Braxton, Johnston, White,> > Minyard, Harrod, > > Holland, Lee, Davis, and other's> > > > > > > > > Thank you very much. You brought exciting news.> > > > > > I would be thrilled to hear anything about the> > Braxton's family > > line.> > > > > > I would like to see if I have correct what you> > have told me so far, > > It all fits> > > with the rest of my family.> > > > > > My 6th great grandmother Mary Braxton's father was> > 7. James Braxton > > Jr.> > > James Braxton Jr's father was 8. James Braxton Sr.> > > James Braxton Sr's parent's were 9. Lacey Braxton> > and first wife > > Elizabeth Parker.> > > Lacey Braxton m. 2. Lizina Tripp, daughter of> > Arthur Tripp.> > > Lacey Braxton and second wife had a son Elias> > Braxton.> > > Lacey Braxton's parent's were 10. John Braxton m.> > Hannah unknown.> > > > > > From another posting I have the date for John> > Braxton abt. 1710 > > Scotland.> > > > > > John> > >> > > > > > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs>

      Your smile counts. The more smiles you share, the more we donate.  Join in.