16522Re: Braxton family

  • Linda E
    Nov 19, 2007
      Hi Carol,

      I have Thomas and Priscilla Braxton with 4 children; Phelix, Thomas,
      Henerich and John b. abt 1770. This John married Hannah and had 5
      children: Charles; Council (m. Sarah Roundtree); John (m. Sarah);
      Molcey (m. Luke McGlohon); and Lacy m. 1. Elilzabeth Parker, 2.
      Lizzina Tripp.

      Now, Thomas may have been a son of John Braxton and Mary (circa
      1730) and a sibling of John, James, William, Jesse and Levi but this
      is open to speculation. He was a neighbor of these Braxton's but we
      can't prove the relationship, he may have been John Sr.'s brother,
      nephew or other relationship. Cannot prove that Thomas is the son of
      this John. He lived next door to other sons and relatives. There must
      be some relationship. He did not inherit or buy land from John but
      did have land of his own. His children Phelix, Thomas, Henerich and
      John are listed in land sales from his estate. Thomas was not in the
      1800 census but a Priscilla Blackston was with children that would be
      consistant with the 1790 census of Thomas Blackston, she may or may
      not be his widow. also spelled as Brackston.

      Thanks, I'm having a great Thanksgiving and all is well here. Hope
      you have a great holiday too. Good to hear from you again.

      Linda

      --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, Carol Singh

      > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic