16493Re: [genpcncfir] Re: Maryetta Anderson

    Nov 19, 2007
      Dear Deborah,
      I do know that our kin married often enough in
      counties other than their residence. Sometimes, it was
      because of kin still living in the county where the
      family first settled. Other times it was the
      birthplace of the bride or groom. Another reason was
      that it was the couple's honeymoon choice, and yet
      another was that they wanted to be married by a
      particular family friend, justice of the peace,
      minister, or relative. Sometimes, too, it was for the
      convenience of someone the family wanted present at
      the wedding but who could not travel outside the
      county on that particular date or somebody other than
      the parents was hosting the wedding at their church or
      home or whatever location it was the couple had
      chosen.
      I'll see if I can find anything new on this
      couple. A newspaper article from that time period
      would be a good beginning if any of our group has
      access to archives from Beaufort.
      Later, Carol