16491Re: Maryetta Anderson

  • bluidkiti
    Nov 18, 2007
      --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "deborahbarnes2002" <dbarnes@...>
      wrote:

      > Looking info on Maryetta Anderson
      > Born April 26, 1876
      > Died November 17, 1926
      >
      > Married Charles Madison Franks from Craven Co
      > They were married on August 22, 1891 in Beaufort Co
      >
      > I am thinking that maybe her and her people were from Beaufort Co
      > being they got married there. Can anyone help me.

      Hi, My name is Tammy Smith Boyle.
      I saw your questions about these 2 people on this site
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/genpcncfir/.

      From the things I read at this site this morning, I believe these 2
      are my great grandparents.
      I saw this information listed here
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/genpcncfir/:
      ID: I116714513
      Name: Maryetta ANDERSON
      Given Name: Maryetta
      Surname: Anderson
      Sex: F
      Birth: April 26, 1876
      Death: August 10, 1938

      Father: Elias ANDERSON b: 1847
      Mother: Marthiam or Marthia M b: 1846

      Marriage 1 Charles Madison FRANKS b: March 30, 1868 in Vanceboro,NC
      Children
      Erenst Edward FRANKS b: June 27, 1893 in Vanceboro,NC
      Glen G FRANKS b: November 5, 1912 in Vanceboro, NC
      Cledus FRANKS b: 1910
      Irene FRANKS b: June 15, 1899 in Vanceboro, NC
      Lilly FRANKS b: December 15, 1901 in Vanceboro, NC
      Mary FRANKS b: November 9, 1894 in Vanceboro, NC
      Terry FRANKS b: October 1, 1905 in Vanceboro, NC

      Irene Franks was my grandmother. She married Ed Smith. I have
      pictures of my grandmother's parents tombstones. This is the info
      listed on their tombstones:

      Mettie Wife of C. M. Franks
      Apr 26, 1876
      Nov. 17, 1926

      Charlie Franks
      Mar 30, 1868
      Aug 10, 1938

      My grandmother, Irene, and grandfather Ed Smith lived in Clay Root
      when they died. I also remember Uncle Glen, Aunt Lilly, Aunt Mary and
      Aunt Terry. Aunt Lilly lived on the River Road. Aunt Terry lied up
      around Clay Root. I use to live on the River Road outside of
      Vanceboro when I was a little girl. I lived in the house on the hill
      and back then there was this huge oak tree in the front yard. Uncle
      Glen lived up the road from me in what was the home place. They had a
      daughter, Lucille. I think Lucille still lives on the River Road. I
      visited where I use to live back a few years ago and took some
      pictures of the tombstones that were in the yard there. They were the
      graves of my great grandparents which I listed above. My father was
      Charles Durwood Smith. We were living on the River Rood at the time
      of his death in 1969. He was named after Charles Franks.

      The story I have heard told of my great grandparents is that my great
      grandfather left my great grandmother. My great grandmother killed
      herself sometime afterwards. Afterward Uncle Glen who was a teenager
      at the time of his mother's death went to live with my grandmother, Irene.

      I also saw mention of this article on this site
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/genpcncfir/ where I found you:
      Wed. Dec 21, 1898, page 3, col 3, Died: Mr. E. H. Anderson, of Craven
      Co, who
      resided near Vanceboro, on Thur. last from the effects of a wound in
      the thigh
      inflicted about a month ago by Mr. Charles Franks, the son in law of Mr.
      Anderson.

      Were you ever able to obtain the full article and if so may I have a
      copy?
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic