16386Re: [genpcncfir] Braxton family

    Oct 1, 2007
      Dear John,
      I meant to say that your ancestor James was the
      brother of Warren Braxton and Felix Braxton, also my
      great uncles. Warren and Felix stayed in Pitt, but
      their brother James moved to Tennessee.
      The Pitt County relatives have continued to the
      present day to name children for these ancestors who
      left for Tennessee sometime after 1840 to find good
      farming land.
      The same can be said for the family of Elias
      Braxton whose father was Lacey Braxton. His brother
      John is my direct line.
      My parents were Elbert Lee Braxton and Clyde Rae
      Worthington; grandparents Elijah B. and Dosie Dail
      Braxton; great grandparents James Elias Braxton and
      Sarah Sutton; great great grandparents James Braxton
      and Martha Crawford; great great great grandparents [I
      believe that is the right number of "greats"]John
      Braxton and Hannah.
      If you go to the website of the Pitt County Family
      Researchers and click on related links, you can access
      Lisa Scarola's website Some Pitt County McGowans and
      Sermons and find our surname and many related Pitt
      County families.
      http://wwww.rootsweb/~ncpcfr
      The Quarterly was February 1995 for Elias Braxton
      whose father Lacey Braxton and wife Lezina Tripp went
      to Tennessee although Elias later moved to Texas where
      his descendants still live today.
      Later, Carol