16385Re: [genpcncfir] Braxton family

    Oct 1, 2007
      Dear Johnny,
      This James Braxton was my great, great, great,
      great uncle. It descends from John Braxton and Hannah
      through Lacey Braxton and first wife Elizabeth Parker
      (son Elias Braxton) and second wife Lizina Tripp
      daughter of Arthur Tripp.
      A 1915 letter of Elias to the Daily Reflector
      chronicles this information. The letter was published
      in one of the Pitt County Family Researcher's
      Genealogical Quarterlies. I can look back through my
      e-mails and supply the issue for you.
      It's good to hear from you cousin!
      Looking forward to sharing information, Carol
      By the way, I live in Richmond, Virginia but was
      born in Pitt County.
      --- johnameyer59 <hookipajohn@...> wrote:

      > Iam searching for my Braxton family line. I'm hoping
      > toconnect them to
      > their families and learn more about them.
      >
      > My 5th great grandfather was Ralph Allen. His wife
      > was Elizabeth
      > Braxton of Pitt County N.C.
      >
      > I believe that Elizabeth Braxton's father was James
      > Braxton Jr. His
      > father was James Braxton.
      >
      > I believe that this Braxton family left N.C. and
      > moved to Tennesee
      > where Elizabeth met Ralph Allen.
      >
      > The dates here are the late 1700's.
      >
      > Any help would be appreciated.