      From: genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com [mailto:genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of Carol Singh
      Sent: Monday, April 30, 2007 1:30 PM
      To: genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: Carol B. Singh
      Subject: RE: [genpcncfir] (unknown)

      Dear Evelyn,
      If your site search does not work, a good bet would
      be to check with a research librarian or archivists at
      the local libary in that part of Georgia.
      Another resource would be archives of the local
      newspaper: marriage columns and obituaries often fill
      in missing links.
      A third resource would be immigration related
      records like passenger lists from ships. These give
      the name, birthplace, age, and occupation of the
      I can run to the State Library of Virginia
      downtown, a hop skip and jump from me here, and go
      through its books of passenger lists. This library has
      since before I came here as a child always taken an
      avid interest in genealogical research. Consequently,
      it has lots of original documents and publications
      from other states.
      A fourth source would be land records. Those deeds
      have amazing biographical information completely
      unnecessary and unrelated to the property transfers
      they document, but oh what a treasure trove for people
      interested in the doings of their fellowman.
      A fifth source would be church records: baptisms,
      memberships, marriages, births, and deaths.
      I hope this information helps.
      My husband's family immigrated to this country from
      Austria and Bavaria. Two physicians in his family over
      a 40-year period put together an amazingly
      comprehensive volume covering each and every one of
      them, and this long before the age of the computer.
      The younger compiler actually visited the town of his
      ancestors' birth, met living kin, and learned a great
      deal from extensive interviews with the pastor of the
      church where many of his ancestors were buried. The
      citizens even ended up making him an honorary citizen
      of the town. I am sure that single act was more
      rewarding to him than anything his researches had
      turned up.
      Let me know if I can help.
      Later, Carol