15946Re:More photos posted to the genpcncfir site - Forbes Cemetery at

  • Bob Forbes
    Jan 3, 2007
      Cheryl - my research shows that, yes, it is the same Evans line you
      refer to below, which I have confirmed back to John and those 3 sons
      via several different sources. I'll send you the list of
      descendants I have on this John Evans when I get back to my home
      computer this evening. In return, I'd like to find out whatever
      info you have on the same line, esp. if it includes names and
      locations of residence in VA and/or dates, locations, names, etc of
      that line's migration to NC.

      The Evans, Forbes, and Tyson (Tison) families were so closely
      intertwined in Pitt County in the late 1700's thru 1800's, that I
      suspect they may have known each other in generations prior, and may
      have migrated down from VA together in the late 1600's, stopping for
      awhile in the Albemarle area before venturing to Bath & Beaufort
      County where most of them show up in the mid-1700's, prior to Pitt
      County's charter in 1761. I'd be very interested in whatever info
      you may have on any of these families from mid-1700's and before.

      Thanks!

      Bob Forbes
      bforbes@...

      --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "cherylannjones@..."
      <cherylannjones@...> wrote:

      > Is this the EVANS line that comes out of Virginia with father John
      > Evans, and sons Amos Evans, Ephraim Evans and Moses Evans?
      >

      > Cheryl

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic