15383Re: [genpcncfir] storm track

    Sep 5, 2006
      Dear Trish,
      We had a couple of hundred or so houses under water
      when a sewage line backed up. This neighborhood was
      about a mile from me. I felt awfully sorry for those
      people. One man had put an addition on his house. The
      carpenters left just hours before the hurricane
      struck. His entire house, addition and all, was
      ruined. Most in the neighborhood suffered nearly total
      or total losses.
      For the rest, this entire area has an abundance of
      old trees. Again we were devastated by the number of
      toppled trees. In returning home from work Friday, I
      had to detour because one of these trees had fallen
      across the road. Residents could not return home until
      the tree had been removed. There was no other route to
      take, no detour.
      Fortunately, there were few injuries and even fewer
      deaths.
      Later, Carol

      --- Trish Worthington Cobb <turniproots@...>