11953Re: [genpcncfir] James Jefferson Hardy(Hardee)

    Sep 2, 2004
      Dear Jerry, Since I am kin to both James Jefferson
      Hardee and Penelope McGowan, tell me please how you
      descend from these families. James Jefferson Hardee's
      son Charlie Heber Hardee married my mother's cousin
      Letitia Worthington. Their daughter, Doris Louise
      Hardee, married my uncle Alfred Poe Worthington. From
      the McGowan side, my mother's father Alfred
      Worthington was the son of Sarah Frances McGowan and
      Alfred Worthington (1845). Sarah Frances was the
      daughter of Burton McGowan. Her cousin Jacky Ann
      McGowan was my great grandmother. Jacky's father was
      Lemuel McGowan, Sr., son of John McGowan and Sarah
      Teal. Later, Carol
      --- Trish Worthington Cobb <turniproots@...>
      wrote:

      > Jerry,
      >
      > In Mrs. St. Amand's Cemetery Book, Volume 3, p. 9.
      > James J. Hardee Cemetery, on Portertown Road,
      > between Red Banks and
      > Simpson.
      > Her directions give old road number, SR 1726, near
      > junction of SR 1730.
      >
      > Several of J. J. & Pennie's children are buried in
      > the McGowan cemetery.
      >
      > Do you need more info from the listing?
      >
      > There are two Worthington men in the Hardee
      > cemetery. I would like to
      > know how they are related.
      >
      > Trish
      >

      > On Wednesday, September 1, 2004, at 03:39 PM, JERRY
      > LEE wrote:
      >
      > > Hello Group,
      > > Can anyone tell me where JAMES JEFFERSON
      > HARDY(HARDEE) is buried?
      > > His father, John Hardy(Hardee) is buried on L.T.
      > Hardee Rd. I have
      > > Checked all the Cemetary listings on this Web Site
      > and did not find
      > > it. Maybe I simply overlooked it!
      > > Any help would be appreciated.
      > > Jerry Lee ( JRLPOL@... ).