11810Re: [genpcncfir] Re: New to the site

  • Marcia McLawhorn
    Jul 2, 2004
      Hi Ken,
      Thank you for responding. I had hoped that you would not be angry. This email was much easier to read than the last two. Thank you.

      Yes I do have that lady - I have her full name as Arceneth Ann McLawhon, but called Arcena. I have that she was born 25 May 1837, but I do not know if it was in Pitt or Lenoir county. I do not live in North Carolina but I was just discussing with one of the other researches when it would be best for us to visit NC Cemeteries. I was maintaining it is too hot in August. Two different times I was in NC and almost overcome by heat trying to find gravesites I knew were there but quite allusive.

      Arcena was the daughter of Warren J McGlawhorn, Sr & Alice Baker. Her step-mother, Martha Alice Meeks was the mother of Warren's 13th child, Jacob (b:19 Oct 1870). A great-grandson of Jacob has a family in here in the subrubs of Chicago and a business in the town I live in. But we are not closely related.

      There are at least three other McLawhorns with families living in this area. One a lawyer is the grandson of Alfred McLawhorn, Jr & Ada Gould Manning (b:25 Aug 1915). I have her buried in Winterville Cemetery. But I have never been there. The other twio I have yet to reach.

      I do have a quite lot of links, but as I said at first none in the direct line. Are you familiar with the Hanrahan Cemetery. If we came to NC could you show it to us?

      I started researching the McLawhorn's in 1970.
      Sincerely, Marcia

      kenofcarolina <tinman@...> wrote:

      Hi Marcia,

      Suprisingly enough I have a McLawhorn in my family. Arceneth
      McLawhorn married Guilford Harris my gg-greatparents. Both are buried
      at Hanrahan Cemetery...You prolly already knew that tho...There are
      alot of McLawhorns in there.

      Glad to hear from you,
      Ken

      --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "Marcia" <marcia_mclawhorn@y...>
      wrote:
      > Hi Ken,
      > I too wish to welcome you to the group. I've recently started
      > researching my Edwards in Henderson, NC.
      >
      > On this site, I am researching my husband's McLawhorn name with its
      > many spellings in eastern NC (Pitt, Greene, Lenoir and Birtie). I
      > checked my database and, as surprising as it seems to me, I do not
      > see any Manning or Harris in my direct line. Althought there are
      > many marriages with parallel lines and I have oodles of them.
      Oodles
      > is a technical term.
      >
      > I hope you enjoy being in the group. Please, look at your postings
      > and note how easy it is to read your first posting and how
      difficult
      > for the latter two. It helps the readers if you post above the
      > previous person's message and to delete much of the extra stuff.
      >
      > Welcome again, Marcia McLawhorn
      >

      > --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "kenofcarolina" <tinman@i...>
      > wrote:
      > > Hi Friends,
      > > I'm Ken and just joining the site. I'm interested in my family
      > > history. I've been working on it for Appx. 15 yrs. I'm
      particularly
      > > interested in the Mannings, Harris's, Stocks and Edwards. I have
      > much
      > > info I've gathered thru the years and still looking. If anyone
      can
      > > help I'd appreciate it, just post on the group site and I'll get
      > back
      > > to you.
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > >
      > > Ken