11808Re: New to the site

  • kenofcarolina
    Jul 1, 2004
      Hi Marcia,

      Suprisingly enough I have a McLawhorn in my family. Arceneth
      McLawhorn married Guilford Harris my gg-greatparents. Both are buried
      at Hanrahan Cemetery...You prolly already knew that tho...There are
      alot of McLawhorns in there.

      Glad to hear from you,
      Ken

      --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "Marcia" <marcia_mclawhorn@y...>
      wrote:
      > Hi Ken,
      > I too wish to welcome you to the group. I've recently started
      > researching my Edwards in Henderson, NC.
      >
      > On this site, I am researching my husband's McLawhorn name with its
      > many spellings in eastern NC (Pitt, Greene, Lenoir and Birtie). I
      > checked my database and, as surprising as it seems to me, I do not
      > see any Manning or Harris in my direct line. Althought there are
      > many marriages with parallel lines and I have oodles of them.
      Oodles
      > is a technical term.
      >
      > I hope you enjoy being in the group. Please, look at your postings
      > and note how easy it is to read your first posting and how
      difficult
      > for the latter two. It helps the readers if you post above the
      > previous person's message and to delete much of the extra stuff.
      >
      > Welcome again, Marcia McLawhorn
      >

      > --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "kenofcarolina" <tinman@i...>
      > wrote:
      > > Hi Friends,
      > > I'm Ken and just joining the site. I'm interested in my family
      > > history. I've been working on it for Appx. 15 yrs. I'm
      particularly
      > > interested in the Mannings, Harris's, Stocks and Edwards. I have
      > much
      > > info I've gathered thru the years and still looking. If anyone
      can
      > > help I'd appreciate it, just post on the group site and I'll get
      > back
      > > to you.
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > >
      > > Ken