      From: JGrimes227@...
      To: genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2003 10:10 PM
      Subject: Re: [genpcncfir] Remembering the tobacco farm

      I sure stirred up a nest of something when I brought up the stories I heard
      about tobacco making (at least some) folks sick. That was about a month ago.

      Anyway, I sure enjoyed Bob Forbes' reminesences about his three years
      primin', pullin', or breakin' tobacco. It certainly had the ring of hard experience
      - and well written as well.

      Off Topic? I hardly think so! These kinds of stories bring the character of
      our relatives past into full life - the smells, the dew on the tobacco
      fields, the hard work and heat, the life -- all these kinds of stories are what
      bring out the real reason (for me anyway) of messing with all this Genealogy. I
      got started in it because of the family connection with the Civil War/War
      Between the States and I really enjoyed learning about that war through my Great
      Grandfather's experiences - he was alot more than another entry on the family
      tree. Off topic? I hardly think so.

      Thanks Bob for sharing your story. It was great!

      John B. Grimes
      jgrimes227@...
      Fairfax Station, VA 22039-2729

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor