Post-doc position available in Stockholm

  • bobmaccallum@spamcop.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 14, 2002
      Post-doc position available at Stockholm Bioinformatics Center, Sweden.

      Join a young group in the beautiful city of Stockholm to work on some
      cutting edge algorithm development applied to biology-related problems
      that really matter. One year (perhaps more depending on tax status)
      of funding is provided. The main research focus is to develop a
      genetic programming system which can be easily applied to a range of
      difficult real-world problems. To achieve this, concepts such as
      meta-evolution, changing environments and fitness functions, and a
      more biological approach to crossover and representation will need to
      be addressed.

      The group is small and computing facilities are good (100 node
      cluster, ->200 next year), and we are housed in an ultra-cool new
      building [ http://www.scfab.se ]. Stockholm Bioinformatics Center
      [ http://www.sbc.su.se ] is a stimulating multidisciplinary research
      environment with 8 groups drawn from the three main universities in
      Stockholm.

      I currently have a GP system in Perl (which I am tidying up for
      release before the end of the year) which is a great starting point
      for developing new ideas. However projects are not necessarily tied
      to this system.

      The requirements are: a PhD, a text-only CV, good knowledge of
      evolutionary and/or other search algorithms, motivation and
      enthusiasm.

      Starting date: as soon as convenient

      If you're interested, please get in touch by email and we can discuss
      it further.

      cheers
      Bob MacCallum
      maccallr@...