THE DESIGN OF INNOVATION is Here!

  • David E. Goldberg
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 25, 2002
      GP Colleagues,

      A few weeks ago, I announced the pre-publication of my new book "THE DESIGN
      OF INNOVATION: Lessons from and for Competent Genetic Algorithms" from
      Kluwer Academic Publishers. The purpose of this note is to let you know
      that the book is now available and shipping. Moreover, for a limited time
      only, Kluwer is making the book available at a 25% discount.

      More information about the book is available at the book web site
      http://www-doi.ge.uiuc.edu/. The web site contains a book summary, a table
      of contents, and full text of advance praise for DOI from such notables as
      John Holland, John Koza, and Lotfi Zadeh. The web site also announces an
      8-lecture on-line short course to be available for registration after August
      1, 2002. Short course information is also available at
      http://online.engr.uiuc.edu/shortcourses.

      Those individuals seeking an autographed copy of the book can obtain one by
      making a contribution to the Illinois Genetic Algorithms Laboratory web site
      (http://www-illigal.ge.uiuc.edu/) using the on-line secure Friends of
      IlliGAL page (http://www-illigal.ge.uiuc.edu/illigal_friend.php3).

      More information about my book and the other books in the Kluwer Series on
      Genetic Algorithms and Evolutionary Computation is also available at the
      series web site (http://www.wkap.nl/prod/s/GENA).

      I hope you will consider joining the growing group of colleagues who are
      reading and enjoying "The Design of Innovation" today. Moreover, if you act
      before September 1, 2002, you will save 25% off the list price.

      Dave Goldberg

      David E. Goldberg, Professor
      Director, Illinois Genetic Algorithms Laboratory (IlliGAL)
      Affiliate, Technology Enterpreneurship Center (TEC)
      Department of General Engineering
      Univ. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
      117 Transportation Building
      104 S. Mathews Avenue
      Urbana, IL 61801
      deg@...
      http://www-illigal.ge.uiuc.edu/ (GA Lab)
      http://online.cen.uiuc.edu/webcourses/ge485/(GA Course)
      http://www-advancedgec.ge.uiuc.edu/ (Advanced GEC Course)
      http://www.ge.uiuc.edu/tec/ (Technology Entrepreneur Ctr)
      http://www-bplan.ge.uiuc.edu/ (Business Plan Wrkshp Course)
      http://www.davidegoldberg.com/ (Consulting)
      phone: 217/333-0897; fax: 217/244-5705

      2003 Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference,
      GECCO-2003, will be held in Chicago, IL,
      July 12-16, 2003 (Saturday-Wednesday).
      For further information, http://www.isgec.org/GECCO-2003/.
      Chair: James A. Foster (foster@...)

      A New Book by Dave Goldberg, THE DESIGN OF INNOVATION,
      is now available in the Kluwer Series on GAs and EC.
      For further information go to http://www-doi.ge.uiuc.edu/
    • william_h_hsu
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2002
        --- In genetic_programming, DEG wrote:

        > GP Colleagues,
        >
        > A few weeks ago, I announced the pre-publication of my new
        > book "THE DESIGN OF INNOVATION: Lessons from and for Competent
        > Genetic Algorithms" from Kluwer Academic Publishers. The purpose
        > of this note is to let you know that the book is now available and
        > shipping. Moreover, for a limited time only, Kluwer is making the
        > book available at a 25% discount.

        TDOI is available at the Kluwer display here at the National
        Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), which is collocated
        this year with KDD (at the Westin), UAI (at the Telus Centre and the
        University of Alberta), SARA (at Kananaskis Mountain Lodge), and
        ISMB (at the Shaw Centre).

        http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/Edmonton2002/
        http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/Edmonton2002/schedule.html

        A student picked TDOI up for me at GECCO-2002 and it is truly
        excellent and a pleasure to read. I'll post a more detailed review
        ASAP.

        AAAI-2002 is just wrapping up today, and I'm not sure whether Kluwer
        has displays at UAI and SARA, but I expect they will be at ISMB.
        One can obtain a conference discount order form that is good for 30
        days, too.

        There are also a number of satellite workshops of ISMB (Biopathways
        on gene expression modeling; BOSC on bioinformatics software
        engineering; Text-Mining on mining textual corpora in
        bioinformatics, WEB-02 on bioinformatics education; and Bio-
        Ontologies on representations, semistructured data, and markup
        languages for computational biology and bioinformatics) that are all
        at the Shaw Centre as far as I can tell.

        -Bill

        William H. Hsu, Ph.D.
        Assistant Professor of CIS, Kansas State University
        Director, Lab for Knowledge Discovery in Databases
        bhsu@..., bhsu@...
        http://www.kddresearch.org ICQ: 28651394