ICML 2014 submission site is now open

  • jingrui.he
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 22, 2013
      Dear Friends,

      We are happy to announce that the submission site for the 31st International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML 2014) is open with a deadline for Cycle I papers on October 4th. Please follow the link below to proceed with account creation and manuscript submission:

      https://cmt.research.microsoft.com/ICML2014

      When preparing your manuscript, please follow the formatting instructions available at http://icml.cc/2014/14.html where you will find a downloadable template folder you to use. Submissions not complying with page limit and format requirements will not be reviewed and will be automatically rejected.

      This year, ICML has reached an agreement with the Journal of Machine Learning Research (JMLR) to facilite a "JMLR fast-track" for selected ICML accepted papers. For papers accepted during the first cycle, the ICML program committee will recommend a small subset of excellent papers to be considered for publication at JMLR through a fast-track reviewing process. Therein, authors of selected papers are invited to submit an expanded full version at the same time that the conference camera-ready version is submitted. The expanded version will be reviewed again by the same Area Chair, two reviewers who originally reviewed the conference version of the recommended paper, plus one additional reviewer who will be determined by the AC. We expect that this fast-track approach will significantly reduce the journal review time. It also provides a more consistent evaluation as the processing of the full journal paper and the conference paper will be better aligned. The journal version may still be rejected if it does not meet the standards of JMLR.

      Authors will be asked during their ICML paper submission to indicate whether or not they want their submission to be considered for the JMLR fast-track. With this consent, authors commit to submitting a full journal version before or on the camera-ready deadline.

      For your information, an updated CFP is attached. We look forward to receiving your submissions!

      Eric Xing and Tony Jebara

      Program Co-Chairs, ICML 2014
      http://icml.cc/2014/

      Call for Papers

      International Conference on Machine Learning
      http://icml.cc/2014/
      Beijing, June 21-26, 2014

      The 31st International Conference on Machine
      Learning (ICML 2014) will be held in Beijing, China,
      from June 21 to 26, 2014. The conference will,
      tentatively, consist of one day of tutorials,
      followed by three days of main conference sessions,
      followed by two days of workshops. We invite
      submissions of papers on all topics related to
      machine learning for the conference proceedings,
      and proposals for tutorials and workshops.

      After reviewing author and reviewer feedback from
      the previous conference, ICML 2014 will adopt a
      two-cycle submission/review format, of which the
      first submission/review cycle will facilitate both
      regular one-time review/rebuttal of submissions, as
      well as invitation-only resubmission into the
      second cycle, whereas the second cycle will only
      allow regular first-time submission plus
      resubmission of papers invited from the first cycle.
      We are also exploring the possibility of a JMLR
      track at ICML that allows direct submission of
      papers intended for JMLR to be reviewed under the
      same time frame of ICML, more detail will be
      available soon once agreement with JMLR has been
      reached. Accepted papers will be announced and
      posted online shortly after acceptance and will be
      considered published and available for citation at
      that time.

      Paper Format and Electronic Submission

      The submission of papers and the management of the
      paper reviewing process for the main conference
      will be entirely electronic. Submissions for a
      given reviewing cycle will be accepted until 23:59
      Universal Time (3:59pm Pacific Daylight Time) on
      the date of the deadline. Detailed formatting and
      submission instructions for authors will be
      available soon on the conference web site.

      Submitted papers can be up to eight pages long, not
      including references, and up to nine pages when
      references are included. Any paper exceeding this
      length will automatically be rejected. Authors have
      the option of submitting a supplementary file
      containing further details of their work; it is
      entirely up to the reviewers to decide whether they
      wish to consult this additional material.

      All submissions must be anonymized and must closely
      follow the formatting guidelines in the templates;
      otherwise they will automatically be rejected.

      Dual Submission Policy

      Submitted papers must not be substantially similar
      to another paper currently under review, or
      accepted for publication, in a journal, conference
      or workshop with peer-reviewed proceedings.
      Similarly, authors must withdraw their papers if
      they submit an overlapping paper to a different
      peer-reviewed venue during the ICML review period.
      If a paper submitted to ICML 2014 is found to
      significantly overlap with a published or submitted
      paper at another peer-reviewed venue, then the
      submission may be rejected and the incident will be
      recorded with further consequence at the conference
      organizers' discretion.

      JMLR fast-track

      We are happy to announce that an agreement with
      JMLR has been reached to facilite a
[...]

      Authors are asked during their ICML paper
      submission to indicate whether or not they want
      their submission to be considered for the JMLR
      fast-track. With this consent, authors commit to
      submitting a full journal version before or on the
      camera-ready deadline.

      Reviewing Criteria

      Accepted papers must contain significant novel
      results. Results can be either theoretical or
      empirical. Results will be judged on the degree to
      which they have been objectively established and/or
      their potential for scientific and technological
      impact.

      Main Conference Paper Dates

      Cycle I:
      Cycle I paper submissions due October 4, 2013
      Cycle I author response period November 13 – 17, 2013
      Cycle I author notification December 9, 2013
      Cycle I final version submission due TBA
      Cycle II:
      Cycle II paper submissions due January 31, 2014
      Cycle II author response period March 12-16, 2014
      Cycle II author notification April 9, 2014
      Cycle II final version submission due TBA

      Some fraction of papers rejected in cycle I will be
      invited to resubmit with modifications in cycle II.
      Papers rejected in cycle II will not be eligible
      for resubmission to ICML 2014.

      ORGANIZATION

      GENERAL CHAIR

      David McAllester (Toyota Technological Institute at Chicago)

      PROGRAM CHAIRS

      Eric Xing (Carnegie Mellon University)
      Tony Jebara (Columbia University)

      WORKSHOP CHAIR

      Alex Ihler (University of California Irvine)

      TUTORIAL CHAIR

      Ruslan Salakhutdinov (University of Toronto)

      PUBLICITY CHAIR

      Jingrui He (Stevens Institute of Technology)

      VOLUNTEER CHAIR

      John Paisley (Columbia University)

      FINANCIAL CHAIR

      Artur Dubrawski (Carnegie Mellon University)
      Charles Isbell (Georgia Institute of Technology)

      WORKFLOW CHAIR

      Kui Tang (Columbia University)
      Junming Yin (Carnegie Mellon University)

      LOCAL CHAIRS

      Changshui Zhang (Tsinghua University)
      Jun Zhu (Tsinghua University)
      Tie-Yan Liu (Microsoft Research Asia)