JM2 – Special issue on Applications of Evo lutionary Algorithms to Management Problems
JOURNAL OF MODELLING IN MANAGEMENT (JM2)
Special Issue on Applications of Evolutionary Algorithms to Management Problems
Pedro Godinho (University of Coimbra/GEMF),
Maria João Alves (University of Coimbra/INESCC),
Submission Deadline: July 1st, 2014
This special issue aims to bring together the latest advances from both the theoretical and the application side at the intersection of EAs and different areas of management. Techniques to be considered in this special issue include (but are not limited to):
• Coevolutionary algorithms;
• Differential evolution;
• Evolution strategies;
• Evolutionary programming;
• Genetic algorithms;
• Genetic programming;
• Learning classifier systems;
• Memetic algorithms;
• EA-related techniques, like swarm algorithms and other nature-inspired techniques.
Some possible topics for the special issue include:
1. Case studies/applications of evolutionary algorithms to management, including (but not limited to) the following areas:
• Market segmentation;
• Media planning;
• Sales territory alignment;
• Marketing mix management;
• Pricing strategy;
• Product design;
• Site location analysis;
• Business performance management;
• Business process management;
• Analysis of marketing databases;
• Human resources planning;
• Supply chain management and design;
• Project portfolio management;
• Real options valuation and exercise strategies;
• Capital structure optimization.
2. New application domains for which EAs have the potential to make a breakthrough.
3. New methodological or theoretical advances concerning the application of EAs to management problems.
4. Evolutionary multiobjective optimization in management problems.
5. Thorough examinations of existing literature concerning the application of EAs to specific fields or areas within management.