Re: [GP] ACM Topics for GP

  • Lee Spector
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31, 2013
      Wolfgang Banzhaf, the current Chair of ACM SIGEVO, wrote to the executive board yesterday as follows:

      ---
      Hi All,

      I have just received word from ACM's Director of Publications
      that our amendments to the Classification System have been
      approved with some minor changes. They will become part of
      the current CCS, and will not have to wait for the next revision
      which is scheduled for 2014/15.

      The changes are currently awaiting technical implementation.
      Once that is done, we should have less difficulty classifying our
      work in ACM related journal and conference publications. Keep
      in mind that this is a compromise and not a perfect solution, we
      had to work with the existing CCS and look for ways to integrate.

      ACM indicated that they look forward to us having some input
      when the next revision comes around, so that our terms might
      coalesce under a single higher-level node.

      Best regards,
      Wolfgang
      ---

      As for what the specific changes will be, we are not sure because of the mention of minor changes, but new categories in our proposal include the following. (I'm giving just the newly proposed leaves of the classification tree, but not the full proposal because it's kind of complicated and some of the categories are proposed to be duplicated in two parts of the tree... and it's not final, but this should give you an idea of the new categories that we expect to be available soon.)

      Evolvable Hardware
      Evolutionary Robotics
      Genetic Programming
      Search-Based Software Engineering
      Simulated annealing
      Evolutionary algorithms
      Tabu search
      Randomized local search
      Bio-inspired optimization
      Developmental representations
      Random search heuristics
      Theory of randomized search heuristics
      Artificial Immune Systems
      Artificial Life
      Generative and developmental approaches
      Multi-criterion optimization and decision-making

      -Lee