Correct terminology for evolutionary systems which are trained in real-time

  • M2X
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21, 2013
      Hello everyone.
      I'm actually not sure about the specific terminology used to describe evolutionary systems which are evolved and trained in real-time.
      I've seen people use the term "real-time evolutionary system" to describe systems which are only applied in real-time; i.e. the system was trained in advance but the final results of the system (eg. best evolved solution) was used to process real-time data.

      Another terminology that I heard for such systems is "online". The author of one of the papers that I read was using this term to signify the fact that his GP system was being trained/applied in real-time.

      Any help is greatly appreciated.
      Thanks in advance