New Publication: Essentials of Metaheuristics, Second Edition

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2013
      I am proud to announce "Essentials of Metaheuristics, Second Edition".

      I will be bringing a few copies to GECCO to distribute at cost. Please send me mail if you'd like one.

      This is significant update to the first edition of the book. It is available as follows:

      - Lulu.com (paperback) for $20
      http://tinyurl.com/essentialslulu

      - Amazon.com (paperback) for $25 --- DON'T BUY HERE YET
      Please take a few weeks before the second edition shows up on Amazon.
      In the meantime, the first edition will still be shown (don't buy that).

      - Online for free as Online Version 2.0
      http://cs.gmu.edu/~sean/book/metaheuristics/

      About the Book
      This is an open set of lecture notes on metaheuristics algorithms, intended for undergraduate students, practitioners, programmers, and other non-experts. It was developed as a series of lecture notes for an undergraduate course I taught at GMU. The chapters are designed to be printable separately if necessary. As it's lecture notes, the topics are short and light on examples and theory. It's best when complementing other texts.

      Sean Luke
      George Mason University