(Appologies if you receive multiple posts)
WORKSHOP ON Evolutionary Music: EcMusic
to be held as part of the
2013 Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO-2013)
July 6-13, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Organized by ACM SIGEVO
Submission Deadline for this workshop: March 28th, 2012
New Orleans offered the perfect place to launch the first EcMusic Workshop,
where research was shown, and EC-generated music was performed and listened to.
Philly held the place for the second edition of the workshop.
This year Amsterdam will be the place for the third edition of the workshop, which
will be held in cooperation with GECCO 2013.
Music provides a perfect area of research for Evolutionary Computation.
A number of problems are present and still open to new
proposals, such as:
* Generative Music Composition.
* Creative Intelligence applied to music.
* Evolutionary Music Modeling.
* Rhythmic structure and Key analysis.
* Music Transcription.
* Music Improvisation.
* Music Genre classification.
* Music mood analysis.
* Optimization of Music Performance.
* Sound synthesis.
* Machine learning methods for audio content analysis.
* Automatic tagging of audio signals.
* Content-based audio retrieval.
* Music information retrieval.
* Music recommendation.
* User interfaces for music management and retrieval.
* Intelligent audio effects.
* Audio restoration.
The workshop aims particularly at providing a place where the research
is not only shown but also performed. Authors will thus be encouraged
to send both regular papers describing new approaches and results,
along with audio records allowing to appreciate the quality of the
Please submit original research results papers not published or
submitted for publication in other forums. All submitted papers will
be carefully evaluated based on originality and quality.
Paper should be a maximum of 8 pages and conform to the same
ACM formatting requirements as for regular papers.
Details and templates can be obtained at the GECCO website.
Accepted Workshop papers will be published in the GECCO 2013 Companion Material,
included with the proceedings on a CD, and also in the ACM Digital Library.
Paper Submission: 28th March 2013
Paper Notification of Acceptance: 15th April 2013
Paper Camera Ready Submission: 25th April
Copyright Form Submission: 25th April
* GECCO-2012 Workshops: 6th & 7th July 2013
* GECCO-2012 Conference: 6th to 13th July 2013
GECCO is sponsored by the Association for Computing Machinery Special
Interest Group on Genetic and Evolutionary Computation (SIGEVO). SIG
Services: 2 Penn Plaza, Suite 701, New York, NY, 10121, USA,
* Gustavo Reis, Polytechnic Institute of Leiria.
* Francisco Fernández de Vega, University of Extremadura.
* Carlos Cotta, University of Malaga.