Re: [GP] Suggestions for evolutionary computation systems to list in my book

  • David Oranchak
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 6, 2013
      Hvae you considered Weka?  It is a zoo of machine learning algorithms but it includes some EC stuff, like GeneticSearch:

      A GP classifier is available, but I think it's an add-on:

      -Dave

      On Jan 4, 2013, at 4:34 PM, Sean Luke wrote:

      Hi all. I'm working on a revision of my metaheuristics book and was thinking of updating the woefully incomplete list of major EC systems in common use (I've just got ECJ, EO / ParadiseEO, and OpenBEAGLE). I'm looking to expand on this. My goal is to provide a collection of pointers to EC systems that are (0) general purpose (1) in wide use in the field (2) well respected (3) show a diversity across major platforms and languages. The system doesn't have to fulfill all those criteria but it'd be nice.

      Suggestions? I've got plenty of space.

      Sean

    • Conor Ryan
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 8, 2013
        Hi Sean,

        Here's a link to the latest version of Grammatical Evolution:

        http://bds.ul.ie/download.html

        It is written in C++, but supports the evolution of solutions in
        multiple languages.

        Regards,
        Conor

        On 6 January 2013 21:12, David Oranchak <doranchak@...> wrote:
        > Hvae you considered Weka? It is a zoo of machine learning algorithms but it
        > includes some EC stuff, like GeneticSearch:
        >
        > http://bio.informatics.indiana.edu/ml_docs/weka/weka.attributeSelection.GeneticSearch.html
        >
        > A GP classifier is available, but I think it's an add-on:
        >
        > http://sourceforge.net/projects/wekagp/
        > http://www.leyan.org/tiki-index.php?page=Genetic%20Programming
        >
        > -Dave
        >
        > On Jan 4, 2013, at 4:34 PM, Sean Luke wrote:
        >
        > Hi all. I'm working on a revision of my metaheuristics book and was thinking
        > of updating the woefully incomplete list of major EC systems in common use
        > (I've just got ECJ, EO / ParadiseEO, and OpenBEAGLE). I'm looking to expand
        > on this. My goal is to provide a collection of pointers to EC systems that
        > are (0) general purpose (1) in wide use in the field (2) well respected (3)
        > show a diversity across major platforms and languages. The system doesn't
        > have to fulfill all those criteria but it'd be nice.
        >
        > Suggestions? I've got plenty of space.
        >
        > Sean

      • Stefan Wagner
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 8, 2013

          Dear Sean,

          in this article [1] some authors recently published a comprehensive analysis and comparison of different systems for metaheuristic optimization.

          Best regards,

          Stefan

          [1] http://www.springerlink.com/content/j57p85k614ql8h77/

          Hi all. I'm working on a revision of my metaheuristics book and was thinking of updating the woefully incomplete list of major EC systems in common use (I've just got ECJ, EO / ParadiseEO, and OpenBEAGLE). I'm looking to expand on this. My goal is to provide a collection of pointers to EC systems that are (0) general purpose (1) in wide use in the field (2) well respected (3) show a diversity across major platforms and languages. The system doesn't have to fulfill all those criteria but it'd be nice.

          Suggestions? I've got plenty of space.

          Sean

        • Graham Thomson

            Hi all. I'm working on a revision of my metaheuristics book and was thinking of updating the woefully incomplete list of major EC systems in common use (I've just got ECJ, EO / ParadiseEO, and OpenBEAGLE). I'm looking to expand on this. My goal is to provide a collection of pointers to EC systems that are (0) general purpose (1) in wide use in the field (2) well respected (3) show a diversity across major platforms and languages. The system doesn't have to fulfill all those criteria but it'd be nice.

            Suggestions? I've got plenty of space.

            Sean

          • Laurie Hirsch
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 9, 2013
              There is a an evolutionary algorithms section of Apache Mahout which runs MapReduce jobs on Hadoop - see https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/Algorithms. I think it's still at quite an early stage of development,

              Regards,
              Laurie