Evolutionary Computation list?

  • Erik H. Vick
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3 6:14 AM
      Hello all,

      I was wondering if anyone has a reference to an Evolutionary Computation
      list?

      Also, I have become extremely interested in DNA (and the process of
      interpreting DNA to proteins, etc.) as a model for language grammars and
      alternate methods of storing large amounts of information. I think I may
      need a Bioinformatics list to appropriately post questions and [wild-eyed]
      ideas in this vein, so if anyone has a reference to such a list, I would
      appreciate hearing about it as well.

      Thanks!!

      Erik Vick

      Digital Media / CREAT
      College of Arts and Sciences
      University of Central Florida

      Institute for Simulation and Training
      University of Central Florida

      http://www.cs.ucf.edu/~evick
    • Martin C. Martin
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3 9:05 AM
        "Erik H. Vick" wrote:

        > Also, I have become extremely interested in DNA (and the process of
        > interpreting DNA to proteins, etc.) as a model for language grammars and
        > alternate methods of storing large amounts of information.

        A good book on the topic is "The Art Of Genes." Published in 1999, it's
        a layman's account of a lot of the major topics in biological
        development in the last 20 years.

        I don't know of any mailing lists, but I'd love to hear about one too.

        - Martin