EuroGP 2013: First CfP

  • Krzysztof Krawiec
    Message 1 of 4 , May 8 6:04 AM
      (apologies for cross-posting)

      EuroGP 2013, 16th European Conference on Genetic Programming
      3-5 April 2013, Vienna, Austria
      www.evostar.org
      FIRST CALL FOR PAPERS

      SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 1 November 2012

      EuroGP is the premier annual conference on Genetic Programming, attracting
      participants from all over the world. High quality papers describing new
      original research are sought on topics strongly related to the evolution of
      computer programs, ranging from theoretical work to innovative applications.
      Topics include but are not limited to:

      * Theoretical developments
      * Empirical studies of GP performance and behavior
      * Algorithms, representations and operators
      * Applications of GP to real-world problems
      * Tree-based, Linear, Graph-based, Grammar-based GP
      * Evolutionary design
      * Evolutionary robotics
      * Evolvable hardware
      * Self-reproducing programs
      * Fast/Parallel GP
      * Probabilistic GP
      * Evolution of various classes of automata or machine
      * Software Engineering and GP
      * Unconventional evolvable computation

      In 2012, EuroGP acceptance rate was 50% (39% for oral presentations).
      Accepted papers will be included in the proceedings published by Springer
      Verlag in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series. The papers
      which receive the best reviews will be nominated for the Best Paper Award.
      Authors of selected papers may be invited to submit extended versions of
      their work to the Springer journal Genetic Programming and Evolvable
      Machines (GPEM).

      EuroGP 2013 will be co-located within the EvoStar event with four related
      conferences: EvoBIO, EvoCOP, EvoMUSART, and EvoApplications.

      Visit http://www.evostar.org/cfpEuroGP.html or join the EVOstar group on
      LinkedIn for more details and updates.

      EuroGP programme chairs
      Krzysztof Krawiec, Poznan University of Technology, Poland
      Alberto Moraglio, University of Birmingham, UK
    • Michael O'Neill
      Message 2 of 4 , May 11 7:29 AM
        Hello GP'ers,

        I thought the following study might be of interest.
        It presents "one blurry lens perspective" on different publication venues using Google Scholar Metrics h5-index.

        Note some publications are not captured by Google Scholar Metrics for 2007-2011.
        If anyone spots missing publication venues please let me know *by direct email to myself* (let's avoid spamming the list)
        and I'll add them to the list on the webpage.

        Best regards and thanks,
        Michael.

        ---
        Dr Michael O'Neill
        Director - Natural Computing Research & Applications Group
        Complex & Adaptive Systems Laboratory
        School of Computer Science & Informatics
        University College Dublin
        Belfield, Dublin 4
        Ireland

        Biologically Inspired Algorithms for Financial Modelling

        GEVA - Grammatical Evolution in Java

      • Lucas, Simon M
        Message 3 of 4 , May 11 9:02 AM

          Thanks Michael,

          That’s interesting and useful.  I just wanted to point something out

          to the list – there is also the SCImago ranking system.

          On the web page (http://ncra.ucd.ie/metrics/ ) you mentioned some omissions from Google Scholar Metrics,

          one of these being the IEEE Transactions on Computational Intelligence and AI in Games.

          This only began publishing in 2009 and is too new to have an H5 index, but it

          ranks 32 out of 109 AI journals in SCImago:

             http://www.scimagojr.com/journalrank.php?area=1700&category=1702&country=all&year=2011&order=sjr&min=0&min_type=cd

          Best wishes,

            Simon

          Simon Lucas,

          School of CS&EE, University of Essex

          Message 4 of 4 , May 11 11:56 AM
            So far, thanks to Simon, Michael, Jeff and Juergen for your inputs.

            I've updated the webpage and ranking table (*web version only*) to try and reflect your observations...
            i.e.., Simon's comments below, omission of "Artificial Life" (thanks Michael and Jeff) and noting some limitations around the h-index (thanks Juergen).

            All observations, suggestions welcome :-)

            Best regards and thanks,
            Michael.