Re: [GP] A platform for development

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 30, 2011
      As to ECJ: ECJ actually has pretty strong support for rule-based representations which would make it easy to build Pitt-approach classifiers. But it has no built-in code at all for Michigan approach stuff. If you do go the ECJ route, you'll have to build your own environment but I'd be glad to provide some pointers to how to embed it nicely into ECJ proper.

      Sean

      On Dec 30, 2011, at 9:00 AM, Pier Luca Lanzi wrote:

      > If you like C++ you can check my xcslib if you prefer Java you should use Martin Butz's JavaXCSF.
      >
      > xcslib is available at http://illigal.org/category/source-code/
      >
      > JavaXCSF is available at http://www.wsi.uni-tuebingen.de/lehrstuehle/cognitive-modeling/code/overview.html
      >
      > The amount of code for XCS is limited in that you mainly need to write an environment that encodes your problem. That's it.
      >
      > Happy holidays!
      > Pier Luca
      >
      > On 12/30/11 10:17 AM, lluis_s2 wrote:
      >

      >> I'm a final year student doing a project in which I'm looking to develop an LCS to evolve rules for energy efficiency.
      >>
      >> I have no experience in LCSs so I would appreciate if you could recommend a platform for easy development (for instance, I have read about ECJ, but i am not aware that it specifically covers LCS).
      >>
      >> Also, since I'm an engineering and not a computer science student, I'd also appreciate if the thing could be put together with minimum programming requirements...
      >>
      >> Any thoughts (and pointers to relevant forums & biblio) will be welcome.
      >>
      >> Thank you very much!

    • Bill LANGDON
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 31, 2011
        Genetic Programming and Evolvable Machines
        will publish a review of ECJ shortly
        http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~wbl/biblio/gp-html/White_2011_GPEM.html