EuroGP 2012 - final call for papers - one week to deadline!
- * Apologies if you receive this multiple times *
(one week to deadline)
-------> STRICT DEADLINE!! <-------
15th European Conference on Genetic Programming
11-13 April 2012, Malaga - Spain
Submission deadline: December 7, 2011
------> IMPORTANT NOTICE: This is a *STRICT DEADLINE*.
------> *NO FURTHER EXTENSIONS* will be given!
EuroGP is the premier annual conference on Genetic Programming. EuroGP
is always a very enjoyable event, held together with the other main
european events on Evolutionary Computation (EvoBio, EvoCOP,
EvoApplications, EvoMusArt), collectively designated as EvoStar (Evo*).
EvoStar 2012 takes place in Malaga, Spain, the capital of the Costa del
Sol and one of the most cosmopolitan and open cities in Europe, widely
known for its superb weather, food, and hospitality. It offers an
excellent environment for participants to enjoy their visit, from the
academic and the social point of view.
EuroGP 2012 seeks high quality papers on topics strongly related to the
evolution of computer programs, including but not limited to:
* Theoretical developments
* Empirical studies of GP performance and behaviour
* Landscape analysis of GP
* Algorithms, representations and operators
* Applications of GP to real-life problems
* Evolutionary design
* Evolutionary robotics
* Tree-based GP
* Linear GP
* Graph-based GP
* Grammar-based GP
* Evolvable hardware
* Self-reproducing programs
* Multi-population GP
* Multi-objective GP
* Fast/Parallel GP (e.g., GPU implementation of GP)
* Probabilistic GP (e.g., combining ideas of estimation of
distribution algorithms and GP)
* Evolution of various classes of automata or machine (e.g.
cellular automata, finite state machines, pushdown automata, Turing
* Software Engineering and GP: using GP to evolve complete programs
(e.g., including variables, loops, recursion) and using SE methods
(e.g., software design) to improve GP
* Object-oriented GP
* Hybrid architectures including GP components
* Unconventional evolvable computation
The submissions will be peer reviewed by at least three members of the
program committee. The reviewing process will be double-blind, so please
omit information about the authors in the submitted paper. Accepted
papers will be presented orally or as posters at the conference and will
be published by Springer in the LNCS series.
The papers which receive the best reviews will be nominated for the Best
Paper Award. Authors of selected papers may be invited to submit
extended versions of their work to the Springer journal GPEM - Genetic
Programming and Evolvable Machines (http://www.springer.com/10710). Last
year, four best papers were selected for a special issue of GPEM to be
published in early 2012.
To celebrate the 10th anniversary of EvoBio, EuroGP encourages
submissions applying genetic programming to problems in computational
biology and new biologically inspired extensions of the genetic
programming framework for a special joint session of EuroGP with EvoBio.
These papers can be submitted either to EuroGP or EvoBio, and the
authors of the best ones will be invited to submit extended versions of
their work to a special issue of GPEM.
Page limit: 12 pages in Springer LNCS format.
* Submission deadline: 7 December 2011
* Notification to authors: 11 January 2012
* Camera-ready deadline: 27 January 2012
* Conference: 11-13 April 2012
* Sara Silva, INESC-ID Lisboa, Portugal
* Alberto Moraglio, University of Birmingham, UK