Re: [GP] Call for Hard Benchmark Problems in Genetic Programming

  • w langdon
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 9, 2011
      More toys: Order, Majority

      Computational Complexity Analysis of Simple Genetic Programming On Two
      Problems Modeling Isolated Program Semantics, FOGA 2011
      http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~wbl/biblio/gp-html/Durrett_2011_foga.html

      Bill
    • Una-May O'Reilly
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 9, 2011
        I think there's a distinction between "model" problems that we use for
        theoretical research eg ORDER and Majority, Max vs what we're in search of
        here: "benchmarks" that let GP extensions, alternatives, novelty be
        demonstrated, tested and compared.

        (And, I think "model" is more appropriate than "toy" when one considers
        what their authors designed them for.)

        Una-May

        --
        Una-May O'Reilly, PhD.
        Principal Research Scientist, CSAIL, MIT