Generative and Developmental Systems Track, GECCO 2010, 2nd Call for Papers

  • jeffreyclune
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2009
      Generative and Developmental Systems Track, GECCO 2010, Call for Papers and Participation

      GENERATIVE AND DEVELOPMENTAL SYSTEMS TRACK
      2010 GENETIC AND EVOLUTIONARY COMPUTATION CONFERENCE (GECCO-2010)

      http://www.sigevo.org/GECCO-2010

      Dear Generative and Developmental Systems (GDS) Researcher,

      We invite you to submit a paper to the GDS track at GECCO 2010, which we
      believe is the premier conference for GDS-related work worldwide.

      Our program committee of GDS experts means that your paper will be
      reviewed by many leaders in the field. Moreover, the attendance at the
      GDS track has been high ever since it started in 2007. The size and
      prestige of the GECCO conference will allow many researchers to learn
      about your work, both at the conference and via the proceedings (GECCO
      has the highest impact rating of all conferences in the field of
      Evolutionary Computation and Artificial Life*).

      This track focuses on work which has gone by many names, such as
      artificial development, artificial embryogeny, computational embryology,
      generative systems, indirect encodings, developmental encodings, genetic
      regulatory networks (GRNs), Lindenmayer Systems (L-Systems), genotype to
      phenotype mappings, etc. We invite papers on these topics or related
      subjects.

      We also want to alert you to the historical importance of this track.
      Many of you share our excitement about this field and its connection to
      the powerful capabilities of biological encoding and development. For
      many years, there was no consistent annual venue to which researchers in
      this area could submit papers to be reviewed by a committee of GDS
      researchers.

      Most opportunities to present work in this area have been through one-
      time workshops or symposia that do not carry the same weight as a GECCO
      conference publication.

      To address this gap, a committee of GDS researchers encouraged GECCO to
      establish an official conference track in 2007. With the establishment of
      the track, we now have an opportunity to build a strong and consistent
      community that can improve and flourish over time.

      However, the track can only survive with your submissions. It is
      important to note that GECCO permanently cancels tracks that fail to
      attract sufficient submissions. Therefore, our community can preserve
      this new resource only by contributing papers. We know that you have
      many options for submitting your GDS-related ideas, and we hope that you
      will consider the long-term investment that GDS represents for the
      community. Our program committee is selected from among the top GDS
      researchers in the world, and we hope that our track will continue to
      flourish with your enthusiasm.

      IMPORTANT DATES
      * Submission deadline: January 13, 2010
      * Notification of paper acceptance: March 10, 2010
      * Camera-ready submission: April 5, 2010
      * GECCO-2010 Conference: July 7-11, 2010

      The conference will be held July 7-11, 2010 in the very nice city of
      Portland, Oregon, USA.

      For more information, please see the GECCO homepage at
      http://www.sigevo.org/gecco-2010

      Best Regards,

      Jeff Clune and Julian Miller

      2010 GECCO GDS Track Chairs

      * http://www.cs-conference-ranking.org/conferencerankings/topicsii.html

      GECCO is sponsored by the Association for Computing Machinery Special
      Interest Group on Genetic and Evolutionary Computation (SIGEVO). SIG
      Services: 2 Penn Plaza, Suite 701, New York, NY, 10121, USA,
      1-800-342-6626 (USA and Canada) or +212-626-0500 (Global).