Call for papers: Genetic Programming Theory and Practice 2010

  • Rick Riolo
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 20, 2009
    The Center for the Study of Complex Systems (CSCS) at the University
    of Michigan is pleased to be hosting:

      GPTP-2010 -- Eighth Annual Genetic Programming Theory and
    Practice Workshop
      May 20-22 (Thur-Sat), 2010
      Ann Arbor Michigan USA

    GPTP is a small, one-track, invitation-only workshop devoted to the
    integration of theory and practice. In particular, it focuses on how
    theory can inform practice and what practice reveals about theory.

    If you are interested in presenting a paper at GPTP-2010, we ask you
    to submit an extended abstract describing your work and results. We
    will extend a limited number of invitations based on proposed
    abstracts.

    We encourage our contributors to submit work that asks new questions
    about GP and its application, and finds creative ways to address those
    questions. We encourage presentation of results that

       * highlight a qualitative new understanding of some GP issue along
    with empirical evidence;
       * demonstrate a qualitatively new GP application; or
       * show substantive (2 to 10x!) improvements in speed, reliability,
    results quality, etc.

    The goal is to continue to make GPTP workshops a leading venue for
    high quality, cutting-edge work for progress toward a science of GP.

    To see a list of participants and papers for previous GPTP workshops, visit

      http://cscs.umich.edu/events/gptp-workshops

    Papers have been published in a series of "Genetic Programming Theory
    and Practice" books, one for each year (by Kluwer/Springer).

    The format of GPTP 2010 will be similar to that of the previous ones
    (2003-2009): a relatively small, invitation-only workshop on the
    campus of the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, with plenty of time
    for discussion of a roughly equal mix of a total of 18 papers by
    theorists and practitioners. In order to facilitate a substantial
    exchange of ideas, workshop talks will be approximately 30 minutes
    long, with considerable time allocated for discussion. The papers will
    be reviewed by co-participants prior to the workshop, and collected
    for publication in a book to be published as soon as possible after
    the workshop. As we would like to have the papers available for
    distribution before the workshop, the deadline for the submission of
    full papers will be mid/late March 2010. Papers will be 16 pages max.

    If you are interested in having a paper considered for presentation at
    the workshop and included in the book, please send a one-page abstract
    as well as a short CV of the authors to:

        gptp-2010@...

    by: 11 January 2010. *** Earlier responses are encouraged ***

    The abstracts will be reviewed and decisions made by 18 January 2010.
    We will select 2-6 proposed papers based on relevance to the GPTP
    workshop goals, the expected quality of the contribution, and how the
    paper topic will fit with the "mix" of other invited and selected
    papers.

    There is no "workshop fee" for participation, as workshop is funded by
    generous donations from groups and companies interested in advancing
    the art and science of GP.

    If you have questions, please email them to gptp-2010@... .

    GPTP-2010 Workshop Organization Committee

    Rick Riolo Trent McConaghy Katya Vladislavleva

    ps Please forward to colleagues and/or post the attached announcement.

    Rick Riolo                           rlriolo@...
    Center for the Study of Complex Systems (CSCS)
    321a West Hall
    University of Michigan         Ann Arbor MI 48109-1107
    Phone: 734 763 3323                  Fax: 734 763 9267
    http://cscs.umich.edu/~rlr