Two Years Postdoctoral Vacancy in Applied Genetic Programming

  • Natalio Krasnogor
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2009
      (Please accept my apologies for crossposting)

      Two Years Postdoctoral Vacancy in Genetic Programming Applied to
      Systems & Synthetic Biology

      Applications are invited from computer scientists wishing to undertake
      research in executable biology modelling for Systems and Synthetic
      Biology. More specifically, the researcher will develop
      state-of-the-art search and optimisation techniques for automated
      model structure synthesis. It is envisaged that Genetic Programming,
      Grammatical Evolution and Probabilistic Incremental Learning will we
      the key technologies to be used. The candidate will work closely with
      biologists to ensure that the requisite biological data are available
      when needed for model testing, and with other computer scientists to
      integrate model checking and simulations of discovered model structures.

      Candidates must have a PhD or equivalent in computer science or a
      related subject. Very good programming and analytical skills are
      essential. This post requires candidates to be innovative in
      developing new techniques and applications, to be able to work
      independently and as part of a team and to have good communication and
      interpersonal skills. Other duties include publication of this
      research in peer-reviewed journals and presentations at national and
      international conferences.

      For inquiries please contact Dr. Natalio Krasnogor ( full contact
      details at www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~nxk )

      To apply online please follow
      http://jobs.nottingham.ac.uk/VacancySearch.aspx?txtSearch=SCI558X1