JICAN 2008 - Call for participation
- * Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this announcement *
* Please pass this Call for Participation to interested colleagues *
Workshop on Computational Intelligence Applied to Business
Jornada sobre Inteligencia Computacional Aplicada al Negocio
- JICAN2008 -
Instituto Tecnologico de Informatica
Universidad Politecnica de Valencia, Spain
September 25 2008
(+ complementary seminar on September 26)
The Instituto Tecnologico de Informatica (ITI) organises the Workshop
on Computational Intelligence Applied to Business, JICAN2008. Its
purpose is twofold: on the one hand, to introduce this technology
among companies in any area; on the other, to show actual fields of
application to researchers in academia.
To achieve this we count on the participation of national and
international experts in Computational Intelligence, who will explain
the more relevant current tendencies in the area.
With this conference, the audience is expected to acquire a global
vision of the methodology that will help them introducing it in their
With the support of the Spanish Chapter of IEEE-Computational
PLEASE NOTE: The languages of the Workshop are English and Spanish.
Two-way simultaneous translation will be provided to those who require it.
The Workshop aims to introduce the key concepts in the field of
Computational Intelligence (CI) in a practical manner and with
particular emphasis in the applications in the industrial and
For this we will count on four outstanding keynote speakers plus ITI's
expert personnel, who will provide a basis of the different
methodologies in CI and a number of practical applications in which CI
was successfully employed.
Who should attend?
The workshop is aimed at :
- Companies: Project managers or directors (technical and non
technical) who, as part of their work, face complex problems related
to optimisation, prediction and decision making.
- Academia: Researchers and students interested in the practical
application of Computational Intelligence.
See full programme in
List of Speakers
- Zbigniew Michalewicz, University of Adelaide / SolveIT Software
- Carlos Cotta, Universidad de MÃ¡laga
- Helena R. LourenÃ§o, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona
- JJ Merelo, Universidad de Granada
- Anna Esparcia, Instituto TecnolÃ³gico de InformÃ¡tica (ITI)
On Thursday 25th an all-day exhibition fair will be held showing
real world applications of Computational Intelligence.
If you are interested in presenting your application please have a
look at http://jican.iti.upv.es/index.php/lang-en/exhibition for the
There will be two seminars on Friday 26th complementing the topics
treated in the workshop.
* General: 160 EUR + VAT
* ITI Associate: 30% discount
* Collaborator, IEEE or UPV member: 20% discount
20% additional discount for registrations done on or before
The price includes documentation plus coffee breaks and lunch on