Visual surveillance

  • henrik.vatnar
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2008
      Hey
      I'm trying to come up with ideas for what to write about in my master
      thesis, and were thinking about the possibility of using genetic
      programming in video surveillance. I've tried searching a bit on ACM
      but can't seem to find much. Anyone know anything about work done in
      this area?
      My initial thought was perhaps using GP for making a controller in a
      multi camera system. Another possibility might be trying to evolve a
      controller for a single camera, where the goal could be finding a
      program that tries to get a close-up of all moving objects.

      Anyone know if this thing has been done before? If not are they
      reasonable for a master thesis?

      If these ideas are bad, are there perhaps some other neat real world
      applications one could try to solve with GP that have not been done yet?