Re: Agents and dynamic GAs

  • jmerelo666
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 7, 2007
      --- In genetic_programming@yahoogroups.com, "Russ Abbott"
      <Russ.Abbott@...> wrote:

      > Hi Simon,
      >
      > I think you misunderstood my question. Isaacs' work was published
      in 1965,
      > long before GAs, and Hughes' work appears to be on evolving checker
      players
      > in the traditional way: run a GA to produce a set of rules that the
      player
      > will follow when playing. Neither one seems to involve running a GA
      > dynamically at each time step.

      This probably comes a bit late, but recently our paper, which features
      a dynamic GA for solving the Mastermind game, has been published. It's
      entitled "Finding a needle in a haystack using hints and evolutionary
      computation: the case of evolutionary MasterMind", and it's available
      at http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.asoc.2004.09.003

      Cheers,

      JJ