RE: [GP] GP and dimensionality reduction!

  • Christian Setzkorn
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 9, 2007
      Or feature extraction (combine several features), to make data, for example,
      linearly separable (SVM).

      HTH,

      Chris

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 9, 2007
        Dear Adil:

        Discipulus can help you with this. Download the demo from
        www.aimlearning.com. Find the owners manual after installing and read
        the sections relating to the Input Impacts reports page. It goes into a
        fair amount of detail about how we assess which inputs played a role in
        generating good solutions.

        Frank Francone

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 10, 2007
          Frank,
          Thanks indeed I am already on it.
          The wikipedia page (link sent by someone earlier) also led to useful literature.

          Regards,

          Can someone kindly point to some literature on 'The role Genetic
          programming in dimensionality reduction'. I am working on a problem in
          which the dimensionality of the data is quite high (around 50
          independent variables). I am working in the symbolic regression domain.

          Regards,

          Do You Yahoo!?
          http://mail. yahoo.com

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Langdon W B
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 15, 2007
            > Hi group,
            > Can someone kindly point to some literature on 'The role Genetic programm
            > ing in dimensionality reduction'. I am working on a problem in which the dim
            > ensionality of the data is quite high (around 50 independent variables). I a
            > m working in the symbolic regression domain.
            >
            > Regards,

            You might like;-)
            Genetic Programming for Mining DNA Chip data from Cancer Patients,
            W. B. Langdon and B. F. Buxton, Genetic Programming and Evolvable
            Machines, 5 (3): 251-257, September 2004.

            You could also look for work under keywords like
            "variable selection" in the GP bibliography
            www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~wbl/biblio/

            Bill

            W. B. Langdon,
            Mathematical Sciences,