frequency dependent selection

  • Tom Lenaerts
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 13, 2002
      Hello,

      Can anybody tell me whether there is any work done on frequency
      dependent selection in
      the context of genetic algorithms. Frequency dependent selection means
      that the fitness
      of a particular individua also depends on frequency of other "types" of
      individuals in the population.

      This differs from dencity dependent selection where the fitness depends
      on the number of similar individuals, i.e. of the same type, in the
      population (cfr. fitness sharing)

      kind regards

      Tom
      Tom Lenaerts (Phd Student)
      Computational Modeling Lab (COMO - ASyG)
      Department of Computer Science (DINF)
      Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB)
      Pleinlaan 2 -- 1050 Brussel -- Belgium

      tlenaert@...