Re: [GP] Brain Research and EAs

  • Prashant Arya
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2005
      Hi Varun,
      Happened to visit your homepage today. Somehow had a kind of intution that
      you might be from delhi and
      bingo .. well leave alone delhi, we share our college too :-) ... I did my
      B.E in CoE from NSIT 97-01
      Basically been part of this group since last 5 yrs, I started looking into
      evolutionary stuff at end of 3rd yr,
      and did my final yr project on Evolutionary Neural Networks . I am writing
      to you because i share many of your
      interests evolution , philosophy etc. On "solving social problems" are you
      part of any organization or something ?
      so what follows freelancing .. ? on my side I started working for Hughes
      in 2001 and am now with Agilent Tech
      for last 1.5yrs love to read Arithmatic (recently acquired interest),
      factual history, physics, philosophy.
      Have you read G.E.B A golden braid .. ?
      seems like i am dragging a bit in first mail ... neways good to know you
      ..
      Prashant

      On 9/1/05, Varun Aggarwal <varun.aggarwal@...> wrote:

      > Hi
      >
      > I just happened to see an article printed in Science in 1996 which
      > primarily
      > talked about the hierarchy of the visual part of the brain and use of EAs
      > like process to find a hierarchy with minimum violations of anatomical
      > conditions... I didnt know someone was combining EAs with brain
      > research...
      > Thought Gp commuinty would be interested to know...
      >
      > http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/full/271/5250/776
      >

      > Regards
      > Varun Aggarwal
      > www.geocities.com/mumukshu <http://www.geocities.com/mumukshu> <
      > http://www.geocities.com/mumukshu>

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Jaysen
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2005
        Can you send your personal email to the person please. This is a group
        to discuss about GP stuff isn't it?
        Jaysen

        --
        ==================================
        Gajanand Veeruppa [Jaysen]

        Tel: +44 (0)20 7133 2942
        Fax: +44 (0)20 7133 2240

        Web: http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/international
      • Prashant Arya
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2005
          Hi All,
          I apologize for my mistake and it was totally unintentional. Will take due
          care in future not to repeat this thing.
          thanks
          Prashant