Brain Research and EAs

  • Varun Aggarwal
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2005
      Hi

      I just happened to see an article printed in Science in 1996 which primarily
      talked about the hierarchy of the visual part of the brain and use of EAs
      like process to find a hierarchy with minimum violations of anatomical
      conditions... I didnt know someone was combining EAs with brain research...
      Thought Gp commuinty would be interested to know...

      http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/full/271/5250/776

      Regards
      Varun Aggarwal
      www.geocities.com/mumukshu <http://www.geocities.com/mumukshu>

    • Prashant Arya
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2005
        Hi Varun,
        Happened to visit your homepage today. Somehow had a kind of intution that
        you might be from delhi and
        bingo .. well leave alone delhi, we share our college too :-) ... I did my
        B.E in CoE from NSIT 97-01
        Basically been part of this group since last 5 yrs, I started looking into
        evolutionary stuff at end of 3rd yr,
        and did my final yr project on Evolutionary Neural Networks . I am writing
        to you because i share many of your
        interests evolution , philosophy etc. On "solving social problems" are you
        part of any organization or something ?
        so what follows freelancing .. ? on my side I started working for Hughes
        in 2001 and am now with Agilent Tech
        for last 1.5yrs love to read Arithmatic (recently acquired interest),
        factual history, physics, philosophy.
        Have you read G.E.B A golden braid .. ?
        seems like i am dragging a bit in first mail ... neways good to know you
        ..
        Prashant

        On 9/1/05, Varun Aggarwal <varun.aggarwal@...> wrote:

        > Hi
        >
        > I just happened to see an article printed in Science in 1996 which
        > primarily
        > talked about the hierarchy of the visual part of the brain and use of EAs
        > like process to find a hierarchy with minimum violations of anatomical
        > conditions... I didnt know someone was combining EAs with brain
        > research...
        > Thought Gp commuinty would be interested to know...
        >
        > http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/full/271/5250/776
        >

        > Regards
        > Varun Aggarwal
        > www.geocities.com/mumukshu <http://www.geocities.com/mumukshu> <
        > http://www.geocities.com/mumukshu>

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Jaysen
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2005
          Can you send your personal email to the person please. This is a group
          to discuss about GP stuff isn't it?
          Jaysen

          --
          ==================================
          Gajanand Veeruppa [Jaysen]

          Tel: +44 (0)20 7133 2942
          Fax: +44 (0)20 7133 2240

          Web: http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/international
        • Prashant Arya
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 1, 2005
            Hi All,
            I apologize for my mistake and it was totally unintentional. Will take due
            care in future not to repeat this thing.
            thanks
            Prashant